Textbook Return Policy
All textbooks are eligible for return ONLY during the first ten weekdays of the main spring term
(through Friday, January 21, 2022).
No textbook returns or refunds whatsoever will be accepted after Friday, January 21, 2022.
No returns will be accepted without a receipt or a DCTC Bookstore website invoice. This includes all financial aid, VA, and third party purchases.
New books must be returned in original condition, free from writing, highlighting, or any visible signs of wear and tear.
Shrink-wrapped textbooks or access codes must be returned unopened in exact condition as purchased.
The Bookstore reserves the right to deny any returns based upon the condition of the book.
Financial aid book vouchers also expire on Friday, January 21, 2022. No book voucher purchases or refunds after this date.
Merchandise Return Policy
You may receive a full refund on MERCHANDISE within ten (10) working days from the date of purchase upon meeting the following conditions:
1. You must have the original “SALES RECEIPT” and identification for ALL returns.
2. Clothing, insignia gift items, and electronics/technology must be returned with original tags intact in original packaging. All items must be in new condition.
3. School and office supplies must be returned in original packaging.
4. Snacks and beverages are not eligible for return.
5. All merchandise must be returned in salable condition. The Bookstore reserves the right to determine the condition of merchandise, including damaged and defective returns.
Clearance merchandise, opened plastic-wrapped or blister-packed supplies/electronics, computer software, bus cards and Go To passes, and special-order items are not eligible for return under any circumstances.
The following items are not returnable
1. Clearance merchandise
2. Computer Diskettes, USB Drives, and magnetic media (audio/video tape).
3. Opened plastic-wrapped, blister-packed merchandise and packets
4. Software is returnable if the box is unopened and in original shrink-wrap. Software will be replaced if media is defective.
5. Special Orders
6. Classroom supplies or kits (goggles, nursing kits, etc.)
The Bookstore reserves the right deny any returns based upon the condition of the item.
SPRING Term Financial Aid charging is available in the Bookstore through Friday, January 21 at 4:00 pm ONLY. No book vouchers may be used after this date.
We cannot offer refunds for Agency Charge Accounts. Students are responsible for paying the difference between the refund amount and the original charge to the Agency if the books are returned damaged. Students are responsible for the payment of items disallowed by their Agency.
PSEO (Post Secondary Educational Options) students are required to return their Spring Term textbooks to the DCTC Bookstore by the last day of the term (Thursday, May 19, 2022). Failure to return your books by this date will require you to pay for all materials.
Rented textbooks must be returned by the last day of the term (Thursday, May 19, 2022) before Bookstore closing to avoid charges to your student account. NO EXCEPTIONS.
If a rented book is not returned to the Bookstore by the last day of the term, you will be charged the difference between the full retail price and the rental fee, plus a $15.00 late fee per book.
Refund schedule for Tuition - Must have proof of Withdrawal