Please enter search criteria
DCTC Bookstore Textbook Rentals Program
Rental books are great options for students looking to save money on course materials. Our rental book program can save students up to 75% when compared to the price of brand new textbooks.
As mentioned above, the biggest advantage to renting textbooks is the lower cost to the student.
What are the disadvantages?
You must remember to return all rented textbooks.
Books must be returned in resalable condition.
Will I get money back when I return my rental?
No. Renting your textbooks offers savings up-front so there is no refund when you return your rental. Rented books remain the property of the DCTC Bookstore while you use them.
How to Rent Titles In-Store:
1. Bring your Student ID Card or a picture ID with you, along with your class schedule.
2. Find your books. Verify that the book(s) you want are available to rent. Remember that only certain titles are available to rent as part of this program.
3. Review and sign the Textbook Rental Agreement with a cashier at checkout. or agree to the terms online.
4. At the end of the semester, during finals week, simply return the title(s) to the Bookstore by the posted deadline.
How to Rent Titles Online:
1. Titles with the option of being rented will be displayed when you search for your course materials.
2. Add the rental books your your cart and begin the checkout process.
3. By renting textbooks from the DCTC Bookstore online, you agree to the terms of the Textbook Rental Agreement, available in-store or online.
Note: Books rented through DCTC Bookstore must be returned to the Bookstore. Books rented through other vendors must be returned as per your agreement with them. The Bookstore does NOT have access to rental records from any other vendors.
1. Students must be enrolled at DCTC and have a valid Student ID number.
2. Students must agree to the terms of the Textbook Rental Agreement, either online or in-store.